Monday, August 13, 2007

What would you miss?

While at dinner the other night, my friend & I got on the topic of food that we didn’t like. As most can guess, the one mentioned on my part was eggs and his was Asian food. Yes hard to believe, all Asian food, but it did get me to thinking of things that I miss. Obviously, I miss people the most but there were some things that came to mind that I wanted to mention, in no particular order.

· Sushi, especially Nishiki on a Friday night.

· Being called Aunt or Auntie.

· Weekly dinners, La Esperanza is my choice for the first week I am home.

· TiVo, I don’t watch TV often nor miss it much but when I do I want it TiVoed.

· Riding my bike, my butt is thoroughly out of shape.

· Some 90 degree weather, I know most of you are tired of it but I haven’t had above 80 degrees up here.

· BBQ meat, need I say more.

· Reliable internet, for some reason I can’t connect in Denali at all lately.

That is really about it and it isn’t like I think about these things all the time. In return I have discovered some things up here that I will miss at least as much or more when September 21 comes around.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously?!?!?! :-)

Armstrong Family said...

I couldn't imagine what you would miss.
Claire misses calling you Auntie.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I miss Diane!

I remember when I was at field camp I missed having a variety of clothing to wear. Like occasionally wearing a different color shirt besides white or a pair of jeans instead of field shorts.