Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas to All.

A frosty day in Prague August in Monument Valley, UT

This is me being lazy and frugal. This is my Christmas card for 2009.

2009 can be summed up in one word for me...new. January 1st found me on a train from Zurich to Freiburg, Germany and December 31st will be spent amongst my second family. In between this is everything NEW:

...places - Zurich, Milan, Prague, Joshua Tree, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Moab, Bryce, Zion, Houston, New Orleans, Mississippi, Smokey Mountains, Asheville, Savannah, Florida.

...niece - Julia Marie was born in February. She is amazing. I spent February, March and April staying with my sister and brother-in-law, helping everyone getting ready for and then adjusting to the new addition. I am now closer then ever to my three beautiful nieces. I am very lucky.

...loss - Mom passed away from Metastatic Breast Cancer in April. We miss her but before she died she got to meet her new granddaughter and spend quality time with her family and friends.

...roommate - Trevor, my friend's brother, moved in when Karen moved out. Trevor is a great roommate and Karen and Eric have a beautiful baby, Brandon as their new roommate.

...jobs - I spent January 20th standing in 20 degree weather on the Mall in D.C. with my high school tour group and 1.5 million or so others watching the new President be sworn in on video screens. Then, instead of returning to Alaska this summer, I started a new adventure with Intrepid Suntrek leading 13 passenger tours, camping and hiking our way around the United States.

...people - My work with Intrepid Suntrek introduced me to some wonderful trek leaders that I now consider good friends. As trek leader I got to know people from Germany, the Netherlands, Britain, Switzerland, Denmark and New Zealand. I feel privileged to have met them and shown them around our beautiful country.

Of course, in addition to the new, was the presence of old; my great family, which I am closer to now then ever, my close friends in Davis and the Bay Area that are always there no matter how much time I have to spend with them and my love of travel which will take me on a month long trip to Thailand just seven days into 2010.

I hope that you all experience a joyful and prosperous 2010.

Diane

Easter in Ukiah Julia's first Christmas


3 comments:

Elaine said...

Perfect post, Diane. I now feel like I'm caught up. Here's to a wonderful new year! Enjoy your trip to Thailand ... I'll be thinking of you and expecting a post when you return. :)

Armstrong Family said...

I think you need to do my Christmas letter next time. :) I liked yours a lot!!!

John Smith said...

a great schedule!
chuyển nhà trọn gói tại quận hà dông |
chuyển nhà trọn gói hà nội |
chuyển nhà trọn gói tại long biên |
chuyển nhà trọn gói tại quận tây hồ |
dịch vụ chuyển nhà trọn gói |
chuyển nhà trọn gói |
chuyển văn phòng |
chuyển văn phòng trọn gói |
dịch vụ chuyển nhà giá rẻ